Pay rate: £14.00/hour + monthly share of TRONC & discretionary quarterly performance bonus (up to 17% of quarterly salary).
Established in 1890, Gordon’s is one of the most historic and renowned wine bars in London. We are now looking for a Sous Chef to join our amazing team! Easy to get to by public transport, close to Charing Cross and Embankment stations.
Join our friendly and dynamic team and be part of a fast paced, unique and historic bar. Become privy to our recipe, one of our best kept secrets, for our famous pork pie and Scotch eggs!
- Needed minimum 2 years of kitchen experience
- Work closely with our Head Chef so that you can prepare consistently beautifully presented food
- Eye for detail is essential to prepare our iconic cheese and charcuterie boards (a love of cheese, wine and charcuterie is beneficial!) and salads
- Food preparation and stock maintenance will be part of your daily routine, plus cooking of staff food
- Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene required, if the candidate does not have a current qualification we will provide access to an online course to be completed in time to take on the role
- Opportunities to learn about wine and specific food pairings
- Approx 5 shifts per week minimum 45 hours (we close Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day)
Click here to view the food menu and see what we are serving.
Job Type: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Flexible weekly schedule
Bike to Work Scheme
70% staff discount (drinks for home consumption)
Free staff food on duty
28 days holiday
Email firstname.lastname@example.org your CV!